Re: wheel, tires, & torsion bars

To: TeamBodega@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wheel, tires, & torsion bars
From: allen t skillicorn <loudes13@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:52:16 EST
>I am looking for the following for a 1987 Honda Civic Si running in
>CSP:
>
>4 rims 13X7 or 13X8
>4 autocross tires to fit those rims
>front torsion bars to lower the front end

Bigger(stiffer) torsion bars will actually raise the front end.  You'll
have to go to the hardware store and buy longer adjusting bolts, to lower
after the stiffer torsion bars. With the stock bars adjusted all the way
the car can get decently low, but their so soft you'll hit your bump
stops ocasionally.  The stiffer bars will compress much less than the
soft stock bars, that's why the car rides higher.  I changed my 23mm
units to 27mm's(stock ranges from 17-19mm's on civics and crx's) and it
raised my ride height at least 2", and I already had some slightly longer
adjusting bolts.  With the 23's I could lower the car so far the tires
would rub the fender, with bolt to spare.

BTW I'd be willing to sell those 23mm bars for $150 for the pair.

Allen