Re: More Street Modified News!

Subject: Re: More Street Modified News!
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:24:26 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> - After much discussion, we've decided to allow weld-in subframe connectors,
> with the following restrictions:
>    + These are for Camaros, Mustangs, and Firebirds ONLY
>    + You are allowed 2 longnitudnal connectors with 2 attachment points each.
>    + Connectors may _not_ be connected to each other, triangulated, etc.
>    + The exact language of the rule is yet to be determined, but this is the
> gist of it.

That's great!  I wonder about the "2 attachment points" thing though...
Aren't subframe connecters welded to the body as well?

You might accomplish the same thing with wording like "you can't cut the
floorpan to install" or something like that if your goal is to prevent the
in the floor full length subframe connectors...

Oh, and the Capri needs to be added to your list of cars that allow it.
Not sure which years it should be... Wasn't the capri also made in a
non-Fox platform?

Btw, congrats on the good job you've been doing with this.  I'm still
gonna run CP when the car is built, but that's just 'cause I want a full
cage for other reasons... :-)

Mark