Re: GS BMW taxonomy

To: rockwell@pa.msu.edu, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GS BMW taxonomy
From: Popsracr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 23:12:55 EST
In a message dated 11/27/99 5:26:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rockwell@pa.msu.edu writes:

<< There are 3 major models e30, e36, e46.  They increase in weight but
 also power.  I believe some of the e30 and e36, but none of the e46 cars
 came with LSDs and some of these were the torsen type.  Seems like it
 must be pretty well worked out from BMWCCA competition which are the
 better ones for autox.  What are the good years and equipment?  I'm
 guessing '96 or '97 328is with torsen (available?) would be high on the
 list.

Hey Tom, it's been a while but I think the 96'-97' E26 328is with sport
package, DA Koni's, bigger front sway bar with the LSD would be the hot
setup.  I remember Jeff Altenberg not too long ago won with one road racing
and at least one Solo2 in BS.

As a GS car it would probably be pretty fast and competitive with the other
GS cars including the type R's and DSM's.  It'll be a neat class to watch as
they begin to show up.

Jim