2000 Celica GT-S and Street Touring stuff

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: 2000 Celica GT-S and Street Touring stuff
From: "Chris Walton" <carguychris@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 11:17:30 PST
Howdy all,

I'm new to this list - just subscribed to it 3 days ago - so I apologize if
either of these topics has been beaten to death before 8-) 8-)

First off, I was wondering if anyone out there has an opinion on the 2000
Celica GT-S. I read that the SCCA has classified it in G Stock. I recently
drove one of these things, and I think this car is going to kick *ss and
take names in GS. In stock form, the GT-S has more grip, more power, more
brakes, less understeer and better gearing than any other G Stocker I've
ever driven, although I've never driven a Type R 8-) It honestly suprises me
that the GT-S is not in D Stock.
I can't afford one so I won't be able to test my theories, but I'm curious
if anyone's actually raced one yet 8-)

Second, I'm considering buying a 91-93 Nissan Sentra SE-R to race in Street
Touring. Anyone out there have any opinions on these cars as ST material?

All IMHO of course.

Chris Walton
1987 Toyota Camry <--- hopefully to be replaced soon 8-)