Re: WS-6 classed wrong too ? Was: Re: Shotz's WS-6 Prep Level

To: bob1 <bob1@sns-access.com>
Subject: Re: WS-6 classed wrong too ? Was: Re: Shotz's WS-6 Prep Level
From: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 13:38:59 -0400
 Please explain why it is OK for someone to take a WS-6,
>from SS, PAX = .830 to ESP, with easier PAX 0.822, add mods and be fair to
>other ESP folks ?  I think there  is more than one car wrong with ESP.
Either the PAx
>is wrong or the WS-6 is classed wrong too. Can you think of one other car
(besides
>these two) that can add mods and get easier classing ?
>
>At least the BMW comes from AS, PAX .815, and gets a harder PAX in ESP....
>(This will be in *my* letter to SEB  :)

The WS6 and Camaro SS are esentially FS cars.  They really don't belong in
SS at all, but with 17x9 wheels, and the option of Eibach springs, would be
a little too good for FS.  The M3 IS competive in AS, the WS6/SS *isn't*
competitive in SS no matter what you do....

Boys and girls, it's as simple as this.  While hitting the brakes, and
waiting for the green light to burn out at Peru, Tunnell ran .009 slower
than Danny Popp.  Does Dan suck?  I think not.  He crushed Super Stock
(maybe we all suck, after all we couldn't make RX7's run that fast).  He
made CSP look silly, and it might be smart to look at what lousy drivers
were in that class......

The fact is, there were PLENTY of people who saw the sand flying.....  I
wrote my letter, and will probably write more.

Sam

Sam Strano Jr.
Strano Performance Parts
800-729-1831 orders/price info.