Re: Stock reclassification???? the answer

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: Stock reclassification???? the answer
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 00:46:49 -0500

> OTOH, I am glad to see such dumb decisions as a stock Viper in ASP being
> re-thought.

I agree... only on those fast open road courses are Vipers worth it.

> Y'all should read this proposition closely.
> http://www.scca.org/news/tech/seb/6-4-00.html

Read it... looks like the stock PGT/MX6 LS will have its playing ground back
in GS if the Type-R goes away.  I'm surprised the Type-R hasn't made it to
CS.

> Looks like DS won't be a shoe-in for Neons next year eh.  Type R's and
DSMs,
> sheesh.   Lessee, hand built and tuned 195hp engines with LSDs or 200hp
> turbo AWD cars against poor little ol' grocery getter economy minded
Neons.
> ;^)
>
> All in all it should be very interesting to see what the final class
> configurations are.

I agree... I hope they plan to keep the letter system and not use those
numbers in the memo.

Sometimes I think car reclassifications should come sooner... but I guess if
one car dominates (whether its from good drivers or a good car), they have
to let it get equalized out so that they can really tell if the car has the
advantage.

That's why I think its best to compete in a car that is driven by worse
drivers because if one certain car has a bunch of bad drivers, the total
average times will be low, so the pax might put it into an easier class, so
when a good driver comes along, he can really kick some butt.  Maybe that's
a little overexaggerated.  For the most part, the classes work.

Brian

--
Brian Berryhill
http://www.angelfire.com/ms/brianberryhill/