RE: Hoosier Tire Splits

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hoosier Tire Splits
From: "bruce haden" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:16:45 -0700
In a message dated 00-07-11 15:15:19 EDT, alexcilli@hotmail.com writes:

<< I am considering filing for a class action Lawsuit against Hoosier for
 Knowingly selling tires that may come apart, using the umbrella of NO
 WARRANTY.
 If you have had tires split on you, I would like to hear from you.
 My tire split after the first autocross, they said(HOOSIER) not to worry,
 it was a manufacturing defect but will get no worse. Mine got worse and
 started peeling back. Now corded rubber is visible, and tire is no good.
 $160 down the drain!
 I've notified the Better Business Bureau, who said they would look into
 this, but legal action may be neccessary.
 If you are interested in being part of this action email me.
 I'll keep you posted! >>
Hopefully you will get zero support from any racers to start a
class action lawsuit against Hoosier.  They have supported our
sport for years and have been a lifesaver more than one time for me.
I would hope that if you contacted Bruce Foss directly at Hoosier,
he would take care of your problem.  The whole society has gotten
way to litigious and your post is just another of the aggressive
posture that some are willing to pursue over $160.00  Get Over It!
Tracy Sandberg
Sly Fox Racing

I couldn't have said it better. No support here.