Re: Driver To Nationals Y2K

To: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>,
Subject: Re: Driver To Nationals Y2K
From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:06:04 -0500
> Which one is the most entertaining when drunk?

Probably me....but since it's been 7 years since that happened last,
I probably fail on this count.

> And are they a cheap drunk?

Water's free....

> Are either of them a CP driver?  (Hint: They'd be over qualified  for the
> first criteria.)

I'm a CSP guy...but I get along pretty well with Dick Berger (or is that
something I should have never admitted to?)

> How cute would they be in Mari C's checkerboard dress?

No comment....and if you'd want to see me in said dress...no comment.
Mari's met me...I doubt she'd want me in her dress  :O

> And finally, can they carry a Karaoke tune?  If not, can they at least act
> like a total fool while on stage?

Well...*I* think I can carry a tune.  Others have likened it to a drowning
cat.
Acting a fool is something I do all too well.

> Here's an idea to gain recognition for the winner.  Make them wear some
sort
> of funny orange cone hat all week, to all events, so folks can identify
them
> from a distance as the 2000 DTN winner.

We have such a hat in Dixie Region for the previous year's 'cone king'.  If
I'm selected, I'm having DTN t shirts made so that you can find me and toss
a lug wrench at my head or something.  Wear a hat?  Why not?  I have to
protect all that visible skin somehow.

> Hell, I'd pay for the hat.  The
> recipient should make every attempt to attend every social event during
the
> week or as long as they'll be there.

Isn't that what the nationals experience is supposed to be all about?

David 'please send me to Nats' Hawkins
86 Mr2 CSP in pieces