RE: non-integers

To: eric10mm@qni.com
Subject: RE: non-integers
From: jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:11:11 -0400

>You forgot 2+2=4.  The number of tablets of aspirin it's gonna take to get
>rid of the headache all those formulas give this simple caveman.  ;^)

>Ugg.  Me smell food.

Well, I could've gotten into the heat transfer and the fluid dynamics (both
incompressible, which is relatively straightforward, and compressible,
which involves partial differential equations and is enough to give me a
6-Motrin headache and cross my eyes for a couple days afterward) that are
part and parcel of my day job, but I thought the better of it.

Jim Crider

"It doesn't matter what the fluid is... it could be water, oil, even
MAYONNAISE!  The calculations are the same"  - Dr. Pedro Cerro, Professor,
Chemical Engineering Department, College of Engineering & Applied Science,
University of Tulsa

PS:  The "house band" at the engineering school while I was going there was
called "Imaginary Number" and the drummer alternated between SQRT(-1) and
"i" symbols on the bass drum of the drum kit.  I understand a similar sort
of band at a fraternity at MIT is called "Radius of Gyration" or "k".