newbies

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: newbies
From: Alek Tziortzis <alextz@ss112.rsch.comm.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:22:08 -0500 (CDT)
I would think that teaching newbies to autox
is the priority. USually new drivers have problems
with finding the course, driving too fast/too slow,
etc. Now you are FORCING them to drive  at 10 and 2
(after years of driving on the street another way),
to me that is a distraction. If they can effectively
turn the wheel and have no problems turning it as fast
as they need to, then why have them change that?

show me one ounce of fact that proves that 10 and 2
is the most effective driving position.

BTW, my hands are still at 12 oclcok through out the whole turn.

I can see two hands on the wheel a must, the illustration of Dean
Sapp and Jeff Altenburg was simply to relate how you can do well
with your personal style as long as it is effective.

(ie, you dont get crossed up with your hands). Its whatever you
are comfortable with. Does the car know the difference?
the steering wheel? I think not.

BTW, My legal name is Alek. I accept
Alex because people mistake Alek for Alex.
So either is fine.

You say "Mark Martin drives corners in ovals with both hands at 10-11 o'clock.
It
works for him after many years of doing it that way."

thats my precise point. If someone is driving on the street one way,
why are you trying to change them?

I fail to see the logic in your reasoning.

Regards,
Alex Tziortzis

1998 Camaro Z28 1LE
Fstock