RE: shipping tires?

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>, MattGent@aol.com
Subject: RE: shipping tires?
From: miket <miket@interaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 00 08:36:32 -0500
I just did this, and I found out that when shipping something not in a box
(i.e. bare tires) via UPS, there is a $8/parcel handling surcharge.  I'm
guessing that is why Tire Rack ships two tires banded together. Anyway, I
ended up putting 2 tires in a box and it ended up costing me about $60 (for
UPS charges and 2 boxes) to ship 4 used tires.

Mike Taylor

>===== Original Message From MattGent@aol.com =====
>What have you all found to be the cheapest way to ship tires across the
>country (private party, not tire-rack)?  I mean no wheels, just bare rubber,
>when time really isn't an issue.
>
>I think UPS ground is around $10 per tire, so $40 for the set.
>
>Matt
>
>.

Mike Taylor
miket@interaccess.com