Insurance Fraud? I don't think so...

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>, jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Insurance Fraud? I don't think so...
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:56:45 -0400
Jim Crider writes:

<<<What I don't get is why a bunch of Porsche clubbers are so dedicated
to the
ability to commit insurance fraud and/or warranty fraud.  When you go
out
on a track, even for "instruction", you pays your money and you takes
your
chances.  If you have an oops! moment, you should be prepared to open
you
wallet.

Saddened at the lack of personal responsibility in this world today,>>>

Jim,

I agreed with everything you wrote until I came to this jewel. Whether
you like it or not most insurors cover PCA DE. There is no fraud
necessary. Just file a claim and if you have collision insurance you are
covered just as if it had happened on California Hwy. 1. Now club racing
is another story entirely.

Paul Foster

BTW, Caroline Wright mentioned on the wheeltowheel list that she got a
call from an insuror who was investigating an "accident" between her and
a Mustang driver last year. Turns out the "accident" happened at an SCCA
race and boy racer was racing a car he had an outstanding loan on. I
don't know what happened to him but I bet it wasn't pleasant!