RE: Letter to SEB / ESP

To: "Chris Dorsey" <racecar01@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Letter to SEB / ESP
From: "strano" <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 23:42:02 -0400
>You are all missing two very important facts:
>1.  Bob T. is an extremely good driver, and would probably dominate ESP
>    in an F-Body or anything else he decided to campaign.

Here we go again.  You're right Chris *nobody* can run with Bob in any car.
He's good.  He's very good.  Doesn't mean Mark isn't.  Get off the "driver"
routine.  We aren't trying to class cars with local event results here.  We
are talking about BIG events, with proven drivers.

>2.  I don't know if any of you realize the level of development in Bob's
>    ESP M-3.  I have seen Bob go through hundreds of different set-ups
>    and combinations in the past two years to get that car to where it
>    is now. I venture to say not many of the "regular ESP cars" have that
>    level of development.  Just look at the shock development in Bob's
>    car...that will tell you a lot.

And how many of those underprepared ESP cars do you know anything about?
Factory Cobra R's, $1000 + rear differentials, hand built torque-stepped
headers, largest wheels you can get, and on and on.  I'm sure Steve's car
(built by Ames and SLP) is nowhere near close......  Okay, whatever you say.
And the "level of development", well how about flares, and bigger wheels,
and a better diff.?, and a 3.2 engine?  But, of course, nothing else can be
done because it's Bob's car.  Get real.

>All you ESP guys are falling into the same trap that destroyed DSP this
>year.  Everybody complained the Fiat X1/9 was too fast.  So along
>comes FSP,
>kills attendance in DSP, and runs identical times at Nationals this year.
>The fact is, the non Fiat drivers put all there time and effort into
>complaining, and not enough into development.
>CONCENTRATE YOUR EFFORTS ELSEWHERE GUYS!

Just compare the times to other classes!  This is not imagined.

SHEEH!