STS Tires - best way!!!

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>, streettouring <streettouring@egroups.com>
Subject: STS Tires - best way!!!
From: Chris and Deb Shenefield <cdkshen@sunlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 07:28:14 -0500
This is IT!!!!  (My opinion is similar to Roger's...but a little more
detailed I think.)
-Use a Spec street tire.  Or maybe one for each manufacture who wants to
play.
-have an "official distributor" like TireRack who you must by the tires
from (can you put a mark on the tire that proves is came through
TireRack?).  Or just stick with one Spec Tire if this is the only
way...but keep TireRack as the distributor.
-Everyone wins....SCCA wins, the racer wins, the protest committe wins
and one of SCCA's best sponsors wins!!!!!  What a great combo!
.....and the barriers to entry into Nationals for an STS guy is raised
slightly, but certainly not anywhere near enough to strangle the class.
And the local scene is left alone.  I love this idea.

I know this is just a combo of what others have said.....What do people
think?
Sure you have to work through the details, but this is not far off.

Chris

P.S. Sorry to cross-post to ST and autox lists, but I truely believe
both lists have a big stake in this.