Patches on fire suits

To: elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org
Subject: Patches on fire suits
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 07:40:02 -0800 (PST)
There are two schools of thought here. Most feel that
cotton thread will burn quickly and the patch will
fall off. The other feels anything penetrating the
suit ought to be nomex. Nomex thread is available from
the safety supply vendors, shoes as well as suits. Got
some from Simpson a while back.
This seems a BIG lapse in SCCA structure, an item of
personal choice, horrors! Maybe we will get a posting
of a proposal containing 120 rules on the subject from
DG today. 8-]

This all brings up an interesting quandry I have. Why
Nomex helmet lining? So you can drive with your hair
on fire? 8-]

=====
Dennis Hale

http://experts.yahoo.com/