Beating tire scrutiny

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Beating tire scrutiny
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 23:32:37 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Roger Johnson <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>

> Hmmmm - fake the stamp, fake the invoice, and
> fake the tire id?

Doesn't have to be that complex -- buy tires, get a real invoice, fake the
stamp.  Does tire ID = serial number? If you're really dedicated, tech on
the "real" tires so that the serial numbers match the invoice, then change
'em -- unless the ringer tires wear funny, the chances of being protested
are probably small.

> Now I am a real pessimist when it comes to expecting
> the worst from people wanting to win, but this
> is WAY beyond anything I can comprehend.

The second case is probably getting to the edge of too complex, and both
schemes require active cooperation between the tire company and the
driver -- no "I just ran what they sent me" defense.  Still too pessimistic?

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr