Re: Miata Wheels

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miata Wheels
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 06:11:10 -0600
Alex said:

> Thanks to everyone for the replys!  Here's the specs on the wheels, Eric:
> 14x6; 45mm offset; 10.5-11.5lb each.  They can handle 205 width tires with
> no problem, 225's could be possible with a higer sidewall, but I don't
> think they'd fit on my car from the offset.  I'm still debating buying
> these wheels.  I'm also waiting for some 15" Miata wheels to pop up.

We sort of touched on a similar subject on the Street Touring list a while
back.  Remember to consider the weight of the total wheel/tire package, not
just the wheel.  For instance, if you run these 10 lb 14" wheels with
225/60's, the tires are going to weigh much more than, say a 225/45/15...
possibly more of a difference than the difference in wheel weight between
your 14's and a set of good 15's.

I was very surprised when someone quoted some assorted tire weight
comparisons.  It's worth investigating.

--
Loren Williams | Loren@kscable.com
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca