RE: Seven year rule, was: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)

To: "Jamie Houk" <jjhouk@bellsouth.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Seven year rule, was: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 09:23:12 -0500
FYI
The classic 911 stopped being made after '97?
The 996 is a totally new car and should be treated as such
The 993 was the last of the "classic" 911's and except for having a rear
slung
Flat six the newer car is not much like the older ones.
Not to mention the newer car is something like 200-300% stiffer chassis
construction (I don't recall the details)

IMNSHO new cars should be classed as such, regardless what name is on the
tunklid, tell me that the new M3 is the same car as the 88/89
Frankly I hope it is more like It, but they should NOT b classed together
despite the common name.

Little tidbit of information I saw on TV the other day that Jerry Sienfield
owns both the first air-cooled 911 and the last one
Ever made, and appropriately has the license plates "FIRST" and "LAST" they
Must be worth a pretty penny.

Jeff