Oil Extender

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Extender
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:20:50 -0600
here's one for the folks in-the-know about  lubricants.

I saw an ad in my C&D for STPs oil extender. Is this stuff basically the
additive pack that all motor oil manufacturers include but may wear out
before the oil change interval is up?  The real question is should these
oil extenders be used? is there one that is economically reasonable to
use? or is the opinion that oil is cheap enough to change more frequently
if needed; especially since we're all ecologically responsible and
recycle our used motor oil.

Dave Yeung
Houston Texas