Re: Oil Extender

To: dkyeung@juno.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Extender
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 16:34:13 EST
Having worked for STP at one time, and for another motor oil
blender/packager, I do not really see the value of this extender.

Yes. If the proper amounts of ad pack are blended into the carrier oil, this
product will help to re-charge an ad pack that has been used up during
engine operation. Almost 75% of the ad pack in five quarts of oil is used up
in the first 1500 miles of operation. And so an extra shot of additives can
extend the length of time the oil can be used.

The downside here is that a 3000 or 5000 mile oil change cycle is designed
to get the dirt, acid and contamination that is being carried by the oil out
of the engine, before it can damage the internal bits.

Adding a bottle of additives to dirty oil doesn't get rid of the dirt, so
you are still going to have to change the oil. And even with the higher
prices at this time, an oil change isn't going to break you.

Larry Steckel