Legal Subframe Connectors!

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Legal Subframe Connectors!
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:39:48 -0500
To Whom It May Concern but mostly SN95 Mustang Owners:

I just ran across what appears to be an OFFICIAL Ford TSB (on AllDATA)
which describes when and how to add (including welding) subframe connectors
to 1996 - 1998 4.6L Mustang Convertibles.

See TSB 00-9-7 dated 000501 "Vibration/shake at 62 mph, 4.6L Convertible".

The TSB also includes new higher stiffness engine mounts and new rear shock
absorber mounting hardware with stiffer rubber and a shorter spacer.

Obviously this would be legal for any 96 - 98 Stock Class 4.6L Mustang
Convertibles. (For the folk who like to "lose in style").

Under "update/backdate", does this legitimize subframe connectors and the
stiffer engine mounts for all 94+ Mustangs since they are on the same line
of the rulebook? I'm not sure that the existence of some sort of subframe
connector from the factory on the 99+ verts legitimized them for 94+ coupes
or verts in ESP. The TSB, however, may do so.

Sounds like something the ESP SN95 Mustang folk can sort out amoung
themselves. Otherwise the rest of Team.net will lynch me for bringing this
up:-)

No dog in this fight . . . except that I happen to drive a Mustang on the
street and was looking through the TSB's for my car.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford