Legal Subframe Connectors!

To: "Autox@Autox.Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>, <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Subject: Legal Subframe Connectors!
From: "Marcus E. Merideth" <esp89@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:00:26 -0500
Dick,

You are correct sir. The TSB allows the production convertible subframe
connectors to be welded in.  Thus allowing the underbody rails to be fit to
the vehicle and welded in on 96-1998 vehicles.  The TSB does not specify a
maximum weld length only giving a minimum weld bead. The part numbers are
also available on the TSB.   I think they two rails cost me about $60.  I
was surprised nobody mentioned it at Nationals in impound when my car was up
in the air with only one jack under the middle of the body.  Kind of
obvious.  Great for an ESP car of the new body style as the production
process is now to weld in the rails on 99+ vehicles.  Using the convertible
engine mounts has always been an ESP trick.

Marcus Merideth
#89 ESP, 1996 Mustang