Impala SS was: Dakota RT

To: autocross digest <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Impala SS was: Dakota RT
From: Scott Knight <scott@scottknight.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:28:05 -0500
Jeff,

> PS -- The Impala SS with big tires sounds like a fun car... a little big for
> an autocross, but it could be quite fun. Just don't expect to beat the
> ponycars. :-)

Actually, I can attest that the Impy is a very fun autox car
indeed...with the right mods.  Though a bit underprepped, mine has a
bunch of mods that throw it squarely in ESP and I generally did quite
well every time out.  That is if you consider doing well beating all of
the other non-K tire cars in ESP. ;^)  <disclaimer>I know that this is
really not completely fair since it could be argued that only the less
competent drivers (me) were showing up on OE rubber.</disclaimer>  Very
fun to be faster than a handful of ponycars, even if I was generally ~4
secs off the leader's pace...and ALWAYS behind that big Pontiac wagon
with K-tires.  Ouch.

Later dates.
--
Scott Knight  mailto:scott@scottknight.com