Re: Pump gas?

To: Vern & Betsi Lyle <lxml84a@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Pump gas?
From: Ron Nottingham <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:01:52 -0500
Vern & Betsi Lyle wrote:

> Jim Cunningham wrote:
> Can someone in Maryland tell me what Service Station has the highest
> octane gas?  Thanks for any imput.  I have a supercharged Porsche
> which needs as high as is possible.  <snip>
> ---
> I don't get it.  You supercharge the Porsche then want to save money on
> cheap (easily available) gas?  Was it Ben Franklin who said something about
> penny-wise and pound foolish?
>
> vll

It doesn't sound like he's wanting cheap gas, just the highest octane
available in his area.  He may be looking for 94 octane Sunoco, or a
service station that also sells race gas (that sure beats only being
able to fill up when the drag strip or race track is open, as most are
closing down for the winter).

Ron N. - Dalton, GA