Help with Rx7

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help with Rx7
From: "Don & Janice" <dloafman@nts-online.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 21:37:08 -0600
  I need some advice on my third generation Rx7 project from a knowledgeable
Rx7 owner(s) and autocrosser(s). I have spent two years building a neat car.
It is a 1993 Rx7 with 1969 Triumph Spitfire bodywork. Everything that works is
Rx7, only the bodywork is Spitfire. However, neat as the roadster is, I have
several problems and/or questions  as follows:
-Engine surges at idle and will not idle below 1200 rpm.  -Engine staggers
completely under acceleration and will not come on the turbos.  Has anybody
faced a similar problem? I understand a vacuum problem is a prime suspect for
this and the idle problem.  Your experience?  -Best after market springs,
tires, and shocks for autocross  performance ? Any advice, suggestions, ideas
will be greatly appreciated.