Re: Neon Question - ACR Years? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "TEAM.NET" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Neon Question - ACR Years? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Phillip Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:31:53 -0500
Scott, the early ACR's were all 4 doors with SOHC, and other than
performance package, they were zero options, no radio, no ac, couldn't even
order one with AC at the time.  The one exception was the rear window
defogger, since some states require this option.  The first run of ACR
sedans were sold only to SCCA members, and according to my sources, there
were only 162 of them.  It was April 94 before the first cars hit the
street.  The ACR Coupes that followed were twin cam cars, but were true 95
model units.  There was one at Nationals in Salina in 94, but only for show.
The early ACR sedans were classed in EStock, where Bob Tunnell put his
talent to work and kicked butt driving his 318is.  For the 95 season, both
sedans with SOHC, and Coupes with DOHC engines, were classed in DStock,
where Mark Chiles kicked their butts driving his Nissan SE R...At least that
is the way I remember it...

Phil O.