Re: shades of gray

To: ovrsteer@fastband.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shades of gray
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 00:52:53 EST
I wouldn't have had a problem if Paul's post centered solely on the
Porsche/SM issue; my problem is with the personal attack on Howard Duncan

The comment "the artist is color-blind" is a tongue-in-cheek response to the
subject title "what's wrong with this picture".  How you consider that rude,
yet the original comments "off-base", is beyond my feeble comprehension
level.  It seems to me that a color-blind artist's pictorial rendering would
be interpreted as off-base, except perhaps to an equally color-blind viewer.
Otherwise I'm unable to follow your thought process, except that it's OK for
you to stick up for the interests of your SM friends and I'm not allowed to
do the same for Howard Duncan; a man I have watched spend many an autox day
relentlessly working himself beyond exhaustion for "our" own benefit.  Yet
you fail to see Paul's comment "stick to your paying job and leave
classifications up to the SEB" as being rude, only as "off-base".

I don't need to come up with a "rude" colloquial response for that; it speaks
for itself.  Furthermore, I would assert that the reason most people shy off
from posting to this list is that they can't take what they fail to see
themselves dishing out, case in point.  If you don't believe that bashing
should take place on this list then you might start by not engaging in it.

Mark