Re: Things that make you go hmmm....

To: "Dave Kizerian" <davekizerian@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Things that make you go hmmm....
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 10:02:47 -0500
> um.... yeah, Mine broke too....yeah that's it, millions in emotional
> damage...yeah yeah, but I waited 6 months to file the suit
> because.....um....er.... I was in a Coma, yeah that's the ticket....
>
> Tongue planted firmly in cheek!

LOL! Forgetting the lawyer jokes for a moment the thing that upsets me is
that there have apparently been other incidents of this type that we have
heard nothing about.

A friend of mine made the following point on w2w on the side effect of
providing information to litigators. He said that cave divers are very
scrupulous about detailing every fatality to help make the sport safer (as
do skydivers) and that even if it may cost the organization more in a single
litigation that the savings are that you don't have 10 other people dying
the same way and generating even more lawsuits as a result.

I still haven't heard anything about the worker who got hit during an SCCA
Solo II in Sacramento a number of years ago and it looks like I never will.

Paul Foster