Re: Miata's on Hoosiers

To: "BRIAN GARFIELD" <bgarfield@gscyclone.com>,
Subject: Re: Miata's on Hoosiers
From: Whitney <whitneys@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 10:27:20 -0600
On any car, with the autocross compounds, 30-40 runs is abut the best you
can get, if you use one of the harder compounds (street TD's for the bias,
or road race for the radials count on 50-100% more).  This is with religous
swapping front to rear and inside out.

You could start on kumho's, but the car WILL handle differently, be
prepared for that.  The schools are good, but super tough on tires.  How
much will you learn on kumho's that will need to be re-learned on the
hoosiers?

Speed costs money :(

Stan