Keizer Magnesium center wheels?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Keizer Magnesium center wheels?
From: Dan Pedroza <dan@mroadster.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 14:19:05 -0600
>Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 13:52:36 -0500
>From: "Kearney, Thomas" <Thomas.Kearney@usa.xerox.com>
>Subject: Keizer Magnesium center wheels?
>

>Anyone have any input as to the quality of these wheels?  I know I read a
>while back about a Miata driver having problems with the new (at the time)
>Keizer magnesium centered 3-piece wheels.  I also heard it might have been a
>heat treating problem?  I'm looking at alternatives to the 3 piece
>panasports (unless someone has some used ones in 4x100 13x8-9??) since they
>are a bit on the expensive side.
>

>Thanks in advance,
>
>Tom Kearney
>CSP - 1989 Honda CRX

Tom, that was me with the problems with Keizer.  I just now finally settled
out of court with Keizer regarding the incident.  I only got my money back
on the buy-in despite damage to my tire, fender, caliper and rotor at the
DFW tour.

You can read the entire ordeal
here:  http://www.miataforum.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001181.html

The problems were experienced also by Joe Cheng, owner of the famous
Phantom AMod car, who also believes that the engineering behind that
magnesium wheel was well below par.
http://www.miataforum.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002062.html  of course Hoosier
Tom kept claiming to me that he had the largest hand in getting that wheel
to production, so maybe you can place some blame on him, too. ;)

Do yourself a great favor and stick with the Panasports!  that's what i
went with after the fiasco.

Dan Pedroza
Mazda South (877) 96-SOUTH
The M Road (512) 695-7432