RE: Meridian Speeds(and course speeds in general)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Meridian Speeds(and course speeds in general)
From: "Foley, Robert" <rfoley@ekmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:53:46 -0500
I have never made it to Meridian, but an extremely good point was made
about_average_speeds_on_course making a big false top speed impression on
people.  As an example, the 2000 Nationals south course was one of the most
consistently fast autocross courses I have ever driven. But most people, me
included, never made it out of 2nd,which in my car is good for a whole 56-57
mph.  Skipped off the limiter 3 times on course, but third gear would not
have been worth it.  There was a good bit of hype then about how that course
was too fast also.

We seem to have more of a perception problem than a speed problem.

Rob