Unofficial El Toro Pro Solo Sat. Night Activity

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Unofficial El Toro Pro Solo Sat. Night Activity
From: Davard@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 21:33:39 EST
Unofficial El Toro Pro Solo Sat. Night Activity

For those of you who just can't get enough racing, I have taken it upon
myself to organize a little Sat. night racing for those attending the El Toro
Pro Solo.

The site is about 15 miles from El Toro. The place is called Dromo 1. It's an
indoor cart track, with 20 hp karts. They supply driver suits, helmets, and
neck collar.

The plan, depending on how many people show up, is practice/qualifying in
groups of up to 15, and take the top 12-15 and run in a 12 minute race (20-23
laps), with those with slower times put into their own groups. The cost is
$20 for all this fun.

Start time should be about 7:00pm, to allow enough time for racing while
still allowing people enough time to go home/hotel and shower before turning
in.

For more info about Dromo 1, follow this link:
http://redrival.com/webcreations/dromo1/welcome_to_dromo_1.htm

If this sounds like something you'd like to do, either post here or email me
privately. Include probablility of attending, ie. maybe, definitely, only if
I'm out of contention (I know alot of the top drivers wouldn't want to
distract themselves by having fun. Of course, for the F125 guys, this is just
practice).

I'd appreciate if people would get back to me ASAP. This would help in
reserving space at the track for our group. If enough people sign up, we will
be able to reserve the time. In order to reserve the space, payment in
advance would be required. Details on this will be provided next week when I
know how many participants to expect.

For time limits, there will be a limit of 60 people.

David Avard
#13 STS
Cal Club 2000 STS Season Champion
Cal Club Solo II Novice Mentor