1967 MGB-GT

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: 1967 MGB-GT
From: "James Laukaitis" <jim5@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:13:30 -0500
Ok, I need some input. A few weeks ago while talking over some great
belgian beer with my friend about his MGB-GT that was sitting in his
driveway. I said I want it, it was just sitting there becoming storage, and
I could make it my autocross car. He said yeah right.]
He called last night,
and said, "I like your plan, lets make it happen, and arrange to get this
car to you." I can also interpret from that sentence, "get it out of my
driveway, my wife is flipping out it is still here."
     Anyway, what I would like to know is is it worth making into an
autocross car. I think so, but I want some feedback as well. I think in
stock class (HS?) it would be a dog, fun, but a dog. Would it be better to
go to a prepared or modified class to be a little more competitive? I got
the latest Grassroots Motorsports and it has an article about gettng more
hp for your MG by changing the ignition, air flow, and some others. By
putting a MSD ignition in an MG what class would it change to? Prepared or
Modified? Which one, and who would i be competing against? I know there is
also an article in GRM about changing an MG to tube shocks all around. Is
that a prepared or modified change? Disc brakes all around?
     Please let me any ideas you have. I do know there is one guy that
competes nationally with an MGB-GT. Are you out there lurking? Can you
swing me some info? A webpage?

Thanks for your help,

Jim
email: jim5@us.ibm.com