Re: 'Burb tires & shocks

To: "Steven Volpp" <volpp@netdoor.com>, "team.net"
Subject: Re: 'Burb tires & shocks
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 23:06:25 -0600
From: Steven Volpp <volpp@netdoor.com>
To: team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Saturday, March 10, 2001 5:41 PM
Subject: 'Burb tires & shocks

>I have a '97 1/2 ton 'Burb that needs tires and shocks.
>
>Does anyone who has one and tows with it have any suggestions?

Have one.  Haven't towed anything in years.

Truck tires are better than car tires because the stiffer sidewalls help
resist the self-propagating sway that occurs when the hitch point is to the
rear of the axle.  Since Suburbans are normally not used in a fifth-wheel
setup, that's pretty much all of us...

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.