Re: Nuther Tire Question

To: "Autox (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nuther Tire Question
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:59:03 -0500
I don't have my tires balanced for autocrossing.  I
will have them balanced if I'm gonna be using them
on the street or on a road course at some point.  I've
never experienced any ill-effects from not balancing my
tires and it cuts the cost of a tire mounting in half -
which adds up if you get tires mounted as often as I
do.

Kent Rafferty

> IMHO, yes and yes.
>
> You balance tires so they don't shimmy at 60-70 mph?
Do you want that at
> 130-150?
>
> If you don't do something stupid, like flatspot your
tires, the balance
> oughta hold.
>
> On race wheels you use stick-on weights. Then you
cover the weights with a
> strip of racer tape. I've never had any depart the
wheel when done that way.

> --Rocky

Even if you did, would