RE: Nuther Tire Question (mount and balance)

To: "Autox (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Nuther Tire Question (mount and balance)
From: "Stern, Ken" <KStern@Envera.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:37:41 -0500
Wow, you've hit 130 mph at an autox?! :)
I assume the question relates to autox, not road racing.

I would definately balance tires for road racing or track days.
It also seems worthwhile to balance new autox tires. You
might find that the tires are way off, and they can be rotated
180 degrees to balance better with the wheel.

FWIW, I called my local dealer to ask if they would mount my
Hoosiers on my OEM rims for my Celica. They told me the charge
is $17 per wheel. I hung up. I called my local race shop and
they quoted $10 per wheel including balancing. Same price without
balancing too. Much better. What do you folks on team.net usually
pay for tire mounting and balancing? I know a lot of you have
connections and get tire mounting for free. You people need not
reply, because the rest of us will just be jealous.

-Ken