Re: harness bar legality in stock?

To: mmead-autox@goof.com, Snapspinnr@aol.com
Subject: Re: harness bar legality in stock?
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:37:45
"matthew c. mead" <mmead-autox@goof.com> wrote:

>It seems that since the word telescoping no longer exists in the
>rules,
[snip]

If I know the SCCA's rulemakers as well as I think, they deleted
the word "telescopic" just to give you other creative options
to fabricate an acceptable bar.  The key is that they didn't
delete the part about "provided it serves no other purpose."
If there's any doubt in your mind (and the fact that you're
asking here says that you have a doubt), it's probably
illegal.....

-Arthur ("Second-guessing the SEB's intent since 1996" edition.)