More on Tire Mount/Balance

To: "Autox (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: More on Tire Mount/Balance
From: Keith Ramey <kramey@hiwaay.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:53:57 -0600
Thanks to all for the responses.

I found a local shop that will mount, balance, and dispose of old tires for $40
for the set.  I had used this shop many years in the past, but in recent years,
I had found a good shop just about a mile from the house.  Unfortunately, the
shop close to the house has continued to jack up their prices.  They even want
$2.50 a whack for tire disposal.  Yep, thats $10 to chunk the corded ones.

I just ordered some Kumhos from the Tire Rack, and the other shop was listed as
a recommended installer.  When I got their price, it was a no brainer.  I'm
having the tires drop shipped to my new best tire shop.

The thing I've learned around here is that you can pay from $40 to $70+ to have
tires mounted, balanced, and disposed.  I just had to shop around a bit.

Thanks,
Keith
29FS