RE: More on Tire Mount/Balance

To: "Stern, Ken" <KStern@Envera.com>,
Subject: RE: More on Tire Mount/Balance
From: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:51:43 -0800
> So it seems that $10 per tire is the norm. I could
> get my tires mounted at Sam's Club or CostCo for
> $8 per tire, but I'm not sure I trust them with my
> alloy wheels. Some shops have gouged my previous rims
> pretty badly.

Costco here was $7, but recently raised it to $9. Still a good deal. They
don't change the amount for balancing or not. Discards are an additonal 50
cents. Of course they are not all the same, but we took in a load of rims
and tires last week. The instructions made my head spin. Take this one tire
off, mount that tire on this rim, take off this tire, save it. Mount these
two tires.... etc. They did it perfectly. They also don't complain about the
degree of difficulty with the stiff sidewalls.

The greatest thing about using Costco, is that I can go in and spend an hour
sampling the free food while the tires are being mounted. :-)

Randy Chase
http://www.conecam.com (now with a mirror site since we just about killed
our server) :-)