Re: Tow vehicle Question

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tow vehicle Question
From: The Narbys <narby@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:18:58 -0600
Shawn,

You didn't say what you are towing. I have a tandem axle trailer which weighs
about 1200 lbs and a CM car which weighs 956. I tow this combo with a 1988 Ford
Crown Victoria LX. 302CI V8. The only mods are a tranny cooler and air shocks in
back. I get 13-15 mpg towing. I do not tow in OD, on the recommendation of
several mechanics I trust. I think a lot of people overdo it when it comes to
tow vehicles. My previous tow vehicle was a 1974 Chrysler Newport with a 400,
which got 13mpg towing a heavier (1650) race car. Consider full size V8 sedans
and station wagons. They are a lot more friendly to drive when you are NOT
towing, which is most of the time.

I live in a very flat part of the country however so YMMV.
Doug