Re: Tow vehicle Question

To: Snapspinnr@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tow vehicle Question
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 21:29:49 -0500
Just make sure that the truck  you are looking at has a tranny cooler
separate from the radiator. One of our club members bought a new Suburban
with the 5.7 litre V8 and the towing package. he was towing an aluminum open
trailer with a 1987 Honda Civic Si on it. He made it from Pittsburgh to
Columbus and the tranny overheated, the tranny dipstick burped out of its
pipe and a big gulp of overheated tranny fluid hit the catalyst. It went up
in flames and burned the entire wire harness that threads along the
firewall. And G.M. didn't want to warranty it.

Larry.