RE: Safety Notice! MOMO harness recall. SCCA events notice!

To: "'Joshua Hadler'" <jhadler@rmi.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Safety Notice! MOMO harness recall. SCCA events notice!
From: knuckledragger@kcweb.net
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:44:54 -0600
        It is 99% likely that Rally/Solo will follow the same response,
decisions
are being made this week. In the event that Rally/Solo does follow the same
program, and your car is equipped with any of these labeled MOMO harnesses,
you will not be permitted to use them. If you have a stock seat belt or
other harness, you may use that, but these MOMO harnesses may not be used.
If you have no other legal restraints installed in your car, you will not be
permitted to compete.
=======================
Are you serious?  How can they do that?

Harnesses are not regulated at all in Solo2.  In fact, the only regulations
concerning seat belts (Section 3.3.1) at all just say that "Seat lap belts
are required in all cars............Installation of shoulder belts or
harnesses is strongly recommended in cars with fixed tops or roll bars."

Then there's section 4.3.2 which states "Driver's restraints complying with
3.3.A (huh, there is no 3.3.A) shall be worn while on course."

That's all the 2001 rules say about harnesses.  So how in the world could
the SEB "ban" the MOMO or any one particular brand of harness?

Now, having said that there's no way in hell that I'd use one.  I'll stick
with my NOS 10 year old M&R harnesses.  ;^)

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
knuckledragger@kcweb.net