Re: [evolution-disc.] Topeka Hotels

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Topeka Hotels
From: Gary Spray <gspray@kscable.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 21:42:56 -0500
***Note Important Correction Below***

At 02:36 PM 7/6/2001 -0500, David Hedderick wrote:
 >I made a reservation at the Amerisuites myself,
 >has anyone heard anything bad about this hotel's
 >location? I assume the room are as nice as other
 >Amerisuites around the USA.

Hey, I live in Topeka! But I haven't been in too many of the local
hotels/motels. AmeriSuites is at the north end of Wanamaker Road and from
reports I've gotten from fellow out of town employees who stayed there
during one of our conferences is pretty nice. Candlewood Suites is brand
new as are several hotels on Wanamaker. Wanamaker Road is the major
north/south street on the west side of Topeka. It offers the usual
shopping/dining opportunities: Westridge Mall shopping center, Applebee's,
Chilli's, Olive Garden, well you get the idea. To get to Forbes you drive
on Wanamaker to I-470, go Southeast on I-470 and get off at US75 South.
US75 turns to two lane shortly after you get on it but soon you will be
coming to the 57th street exit and you want to get off on 57th go
***EAST*** to
Topeka Boulevard, then turn South and look for the signs. It shouldn't more
than ten minutes depending upon where you start out from on Wanamaker.

You might want to check out:

http://www.topekacvb.org/

There it lists some of the major motels with phone numbers.

OBTW, the Topeka Courtyard by Marriott is BRAND NEW.