Re: Brake problems !

To: <pullg@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Brake problems !
From: "Jan Schmidt" <jschmidt@kumc.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:30:46 -0500
Okay list I fixed the brakes and here is the deal: We pulled apart the caliper
again taking out the dust boot and rubber ring. We found rust in the groove
that holds the dust boot. We dug out the rust , reassebled the caliper with
brake fluid as a lube and it went together pretty easy. So the culprit was rust
protruding into the cyl and making a very tight fit of the piston and dust
boot. Thanks to all that responded
Bill Schmidt (knuckles are still sore , though)