Re: [evolution-disc.] Kumho due in August?

To: bloring@tirerack.com
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Kumho due in August?
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:13:36 EDT
In a message dated 7/11/01 10:28:42 AM Central Daylight Time,
bloring@tirerack.com writes:

> The rules state that the tire must be approved by April 30th, which it was.
> Regarding availability, it only states that the tires must be equally
> available to all competitors. Since no one has them yet, I think they're

I had an unofficial discussion with Denver at the end of April, the
appropriate sizes were made available to them by the deadline, the tire is
approved for 2001 competition, it does not have to made available for
purchasing by the deadline - only approved.  When Kumho chooses to make it
available for purchasing after approval is their choice.  They can release
them at Nat's for the first time if they so desire.

there's a rumor running around that the tire is still being revised, I have
no knowledge of whether this is fact or fiction.