Transmission/CV joint problems

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission/CV joint problems
From: ThoughtBoxLabs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:08:01 EDT
Hello,

I have a 93 Civic DX coupe.  I replaced both axles less than one year ago with
parts from www.raxles.com (anyone had experience with them?)  Yesterday, I
started hearing a clunking sound from the left side of the car (opposite from
where the tranny is).  It only happens during acceleration and deceleration,
not specifically when turning.  My manual says it could be either my
differential or inner CV joint.  The car has stock shocks and sport springs
that lower it about 2".  Also, they're repaving the roads in our neighborhood
and the roads are dirt now (kinda bumpy).  Any ideas on what the problem could
be?

Will