looking for mr goodwrench

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: looking for mr goodwrench
From: "rick" <mudfly@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 11:19:48 -0400
My 1986 GMC Van 4.3L V-6 161,000 miles(The one I usually haul my kart in)has
suddenly lost about 25# of oil pressure.reads "0" at idle and just above 10
psi at highway speed. Oil wasn't low, No noises, no lifter clatter, engine
temp is normal, I'm going to do a pressure check to check the oil pressure
sending unit.
 A couple places I went looking for info, mentioned cleaning the oil pickup
screen, I'm wondering if I can hit the pickup screen with carb cleaner from
the drain hole? I just changed oil a week ago, Is it possible something
could be up with the filter??
Any other ideas??

Thanks

Rick