Re: Pictures from LTBM/AB Shootout #2

To: lollipop@ricochet.net, solo2atlanta@topica.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pictures from LTBM/AB Shootout #2
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:09:19 -0400
OK, I'll try. Captions for pictures found at:

http://www.atl-scca.org/barry/July7page/ltb2.htm

Picture 1: LTBMotorsport.com / AutomationDirect.com drivers meeting in
front of the "christmas tree."

Picture 2: Ben Thatcher (facing camera) conducting the Drivers Meeting.

Picture 3: Barry Saney's HS Honda is staged for the qualifying runs

Picture 4: Cars gridded for Bracket #2. Notice the Dakota truck. It ran
very well.

Picture 5: An HS MGB, driven by Larry Ernst is staged for a qualifying
run.

Picture 6: Rober Wilmot's Pro Rally car ran in EP. Car wasn't
competitive.

Picture 7: The Pro Rally car suffered a flat from underinflation.

Picture 8: Changing the flat

Picture 9: Another view of flat change

Picture 10: Dedric Ramsey, Atlanta Region Waiver Chief, drives a blue
Honda Prelude.

Picture 11: The start crew does final "tests" on the "christmas tree"
starting device.

Picture 12: Ken Rupp, ES Celica (in the right lane) lines up for an early
round (which he won) against Sam Krauss, GS Talon, who came all the way
from Pennsylvania for this event.

Picture 13: Ben Thatcher, BSP Corvette, takes an early round against a
surprisingly fast DSP Pontiac Grand Am, driven by former Chicago driver,
Mike Taylor.

Picture 14: Closer pic of Picture #13.

Picture 15: The most unusual HS MGB driven very well by Larry Ernst into
the late rounds of Bracket 2. Here, he prepares to line up on the right
hand lane.

Picture 16: Picture taken shortly after the start of a round. Notice that
the cars are heading away from each other onto different parts of the
same course.

Picture 17: Looking down the finish line at Tom Crowley (STS) and Dan
Timko's STS Celica ready to start their round.

Picture 18: Jay Parcon, CS MR2, narrowly takes the win over Timko.

Picture 19: Tom Crowley (STS Subaru) gets a head start over Sam Krauss's
GS Talon.

Picture 20: In the final bracket Ken Rupp (ES Celica) gets a head start
over Hank Howell's FSP Honda Civic. Rupp went on to win.

Picture 21: Larry Pulliam (ES Celica) gets a big head start over Mark
Berg's C5 SS Corvette but...

Picture 22: Mark Berg (SS Corvette) won the first round (notice the
judges pointing).

Picture 23: Mark Berg (SS Corvette) opens the hood for more cooling
during the final bracket. Rupp's car is in the center. Parcon's MR2 is on
the right.

Picture 24: Larry Pulliam (near lane) works his way back through the
loser's bracket. Here he is starting against Larry Ernst's HS MGB.

Picture 25: Pulliam wins handily as Ben Thatcher (BSP Corvette) and Jay
Parcon (CS MR2) line up for final bracket action.

Picture 26: This shows the big head start Parcon gets on the start.

Picture 27: Thatcher won that round, however.

Picture 28: The pesky and fast DSP Grand Am of Mike Taylor takes on Dan
Timko's STS Celica.

Picture 29: The Taylor's DSP Grand Am wins

Picture 30: Cars lined up in grid for final bracket.

Picture 31: More final bracket grid action

Picture 32: Kent DeJarnett and Mark Berg co-drove the Berg SS Corvette.
In the final they had to face each other so DeJarnett drove Mike Taylor's
DSP Grand Am in that round.

Picture 33: Course Designer and CP TransAm pilot, Rich Shafer announces
during the final bracket while Solo II co-chair, Tere Pulliam (And son
Matthew) watch the races.

Picture 34: Final bracket loser's side action pitted Thatcher's BSP
Corvette against Pulliam's ES Celica. Pulliam advanced.

Picture 35: More final bracket loser's side racing with Pulliam getting a
big headstart over Berg's SS Corvette. Pulliam advanced. Rupp's Celica is
waiting in the forground for the winner of this round.

Picture 36: At the end of the day it came down to Pulliam's and Rupp's
2000 Celicas running heads up in ES for the overall win. Nobody got a
head start because they are in the same class.

Picture 37: Ken Rupp won the overall bracket by this much. The finish
line is lined up between the light poles so Rupp has already crossed it
in the far lane.