Re: Changing Mazda computer in ASP RX-7

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Changing Mazda computer in ASP RX-7
From: "gs96" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:56:43 -0500
I'm not sure if he's talking about an ECU or a
piggyback fuel computer - Apexi has a couple of
different products.  I don't think they have a
*stand-alone fuel computer* for the RX7.  The piggyback
fuel computer (AFC) would be legal IMO since it just
changes fuel settings (assuming it doesn't eliminate
any fuel cut functions).  If you're talking about the
Apexi PFC- which is a replacement for the stock ECU and
can control fuel - that unit has the capability to
control boost also which would be illegal for SP (fine
for SM2).  Even if it were set to *approximate* the
stock boost levels it would still be a modification of
the turbocharger system IMO.

I'd think changing fuel injectors would be okay since
fuel injection is open.

That's one marginally-informed opinion. :-)

Kent Rafferty

majordomo@autox.team.net  or try