Fw: SF Region Solo competitor Mike Marsh leaves us

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: SF Region Solo competitor Mike Marsh leaves us
From: "Glenn Duensing" <bluethunder@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:47:41 -0800
> Subject line to read: SF Region Solo competitor Mike Marsh leaves us
>
> I met Mike Marsh when I drove my 1970 Z28 to the 1983 Pro Solo in
Sacramento. He was a fellow Camaro driver, although in another class. We
also met Mary Rice, the Glorioso's (Shauna was one still then), Rod Derrick,
Mike Camicia (sp?), Grant Byers, Tom Prather, Chris O'Donnell, Randy
Ruhlman, Charlie Clark, Roger Johnson, Randy Pobst, Linda Blevins (Pobst)
and a bunch of great people at my first Pro Solo.

> Mike invited us to his shop in SF as the throw-out bearing on my car was
acting up. We did stop in SF on the way down to the next Pro the following
week (Las Vegas). As we got to his shop in South San Francisco, he was just
getting
> ready to go to lunch. He told one of his mechanics to make sure to do the
job right and he took us to lunch. He had a black Blazer at the time, an odd
car I thought for the SF area. Once we nearly lost our lunch in "mr.toads"
wild ride over the hills in that Blazer, I realized just how crazy Mike was.
Always a VERY GOOD driver, just at the edge a lot.

> The years went by, we both attended Nationals in Salina (he never made it
to Topeka), we attended his wedding, they attended ours, we attended his 1st
childs birth, a couple of his infamous Christmas parties at Hamburger
Mary's, his 40th birthday and later after he was recovering from a heart and
lung transplant.

> Various complications over the last several years since his transplants
left him a shadow of his former self, but still Mike.